Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Random Rantings..

This is my second day as a blolgger. I used to wonder all these days what's there to write each day. Is one's life so very eventful that you get to create new posts each day or is it just that people imagine even their coughing and farting to be as eventful as a mission to the moon. I am sure I will realise this as I grow old as a blogger. But for now this is my second blog and its on the second day.
I have started hating the breed of bloggers who make fun of their ugly aunts. These dudes and dudettes think of themselves as real cool but they don't realise they are as ugly as their aunts and their blogs even uglier. It comes as a package with the genes. You will realise this if you have read the Ken Follet authored novel "The Third Twin". For now lets keep the twins aside as they are not the cause of my ranting and neither are these dudes and dudettes the cause of my ranting who hate their aunts and whose blogs I hate.
The cause of my spoilt mood is the reason that I was turned down transfer to my hometown. My manager summoned me early morning to his office to tell me that I can either get a transfer to telecom dept and stay in chennai or go back to insurance dept and seek transfer to bangalore from there. There was this drama going on between the indian officials, Mulford and US regarding the nuke deal.

Mulford: Can you come to my office?
Indian Official: Sure I'll be there.
Mulford: See I spoke to the US authorities, and they say that if you don't vote against Iran then the nuke deal is off.
Indian Official: India cannot be pressurised under any circumstance. We are a sovereign country. We will do what suits our country the best..

But everybody knew what this meant. This meant "We will definitely vote against Iran. Why the damn are you making a hue and cry of this."

My situation seemed pretty much similar and my manager seemed none other than Mulford.

Mulford: Can you come to my office?
Me: Sure, I'll be there.
Mulford: See I spoke to the DM, and he says the telecom transfer deal is off if you ask for a transfer to bangalore.
Me: ok
Mulford: So please decide, you want a transfer to telecom dept or a transfer to bangalore.
Me: I will decide and let you know.

I came off his office like a meek rat without even being as brave as those indian officials. I could have atleast asked him for the reason of me being declined a transfer. Instead here I am ranting in front of you guys and a while ago trying to scare the hell out of my girl. As if she were the main reason for this plight of mine.

This reminds me of two more things that I hate most
Management and
Cowards..

3 comments:

Shashank said...

Welcome to the world of blogging!

Go and meet NRN uncle to get transfer to Blr ;-)

Behzad Altaf said...

What I liked about it is no jazzy words, no tongue twisters, pure simplicity but still impactful.

Keep it up dude!!!!

Ranjani said...

Good one, brave indeed...I hate Management?? on a blog? Kool!